Happy Birthday Paula!!! This post is dedicated to you:
I’ve certainly been taking advantage of this fine summer weather by grilling very often, preparing summer vegetables and eating light so that I don’t look like a lardo at the pool/beach. I made this dish yesterday for my vegan neighbor. She came over with an empty stomach and I wanted to whip up something quick. Since is was pouring rain, we confined ourselves to the apartment. Luckily I had a medley of summer vegetables: eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini. I used the grill pan on the stove top, but you can certainly use an outdoor grill.
- 1 japanese eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 yellow squashes, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
Heat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, few minutes on each side. The trick to getting nice grill marks is to not move the vegetables once they are placed on the hot grill. Arrange on a platter/plate.
Make the dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables and garnish with parsley.