I love egg salad sandwiches. One of my simple yet favorite things to eat from time to time. Not sure how popular egg salad is since someone recently told me that it was old people food. Nonetheless, I adore them and I love this recipe because avocado makes everything better too (plus bacon)! I rarely eat white bread, but I really like white bread for egg salad. You can forgo the bread and make lettuce egg salad sandwiches!
Yields: 2 servings
- 4 hard boiled eggs, removed yolk from the whites and dice the whites
- 1 avocado, halved and dice the 1 half
- 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- sliced bread (or lettuce if you’re on low carb diet)
- 4 turkey bacon slices, cooked
In a bowl, mash 2 whole egg yolks and half of the avocado together. Then incorporate the diced egg whites, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper and fold everything together.
Place 2 slices of bread on a work surface. Evenly divide egg salad among bread slices. Add lettuce greens, bacon and avocado slices, if desired. Top with remaining 2 slices of bread and serve.